Friday, March 15, 2013

Reading is FUNdamental

In the first post of Living Life by the Seat of Your Pants I thanked several female authors, “for writing women with true, powerful qualities like intelligence, humor, sexiness, confidence, silliness, passion, sympathy, boldness, strength & compassion.” (I can’t believe I just quoted myself).

In the past few months I’ve been engrossed reading Joanne Fluke’s - Hannah Swensen Mysteries (with recipes included!), as well as J.D. Robb’s In Death series.

I also joined Goodreads - the largest site for readers and book recommendations in the world. It’s a great site that has helped me keep everything book-related in one place, create an inventory so I can see, with a quick check on my phone app, the books I own so I don’t buy duplicates during my forays into thrift stores and discount bookstores. My books are all in one place, organized by category and I can keep track of what I have read and am currently reading, as well as rate the books & write recommendations. And, I’ve also won a handful of books in their giveaways! I have exported my “library” to create a main list and location schematic of where these books are located within all the stuff that is mine.

Through my use of Goodreads and because I write a Blog, am an avid reader, and since my career is in Marketing and PR, I have been given the opportunity to join NetGalley - an innovative and easy-to-use online service and connection point for book publishers, reviewers, media, librarians, booksellers, bloggers and educators.

I have made a commitment to myself and to these publishers who so graciously entrust me with reading and giving my opinion on books by their authors that interspersed with “personal” posts of Living Life by the Seat of Your Pants I will be posting reviews of books as well.

I am so glad that I rediscovered the joys of reading books.  I wish everyone would take more advantage of this wonderful gift. I hope you will join me in this quest!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on Living Life by the Seat of Your Pants!

Appreciate it!