Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Review of What's So Funny?: My Hilarious Life

Tim Conway is one of the funniest people to even grace us with his gifts.

In What's So Funny?: My Hilarious Life we are taken on a short breeze of a ride and learn a bit about Tim’s colorful parents, some outrageous stunts while growing up in Ohio, his stint in the military and enjoy a few stories and anecdotes of his professional career…thus far.
There are a few surprises along the way. For one thing, his real name isn’t Tim… ;)

I was genuinely disappointed because it was so short. I would have no problem reading a 400 page tome written by this man. I know I would be laugh until my sides hurt and I couldn’t keep the tears from rolling down my face.
Personally, I think entire books should be written by the players of wonderful shows and movies some of us have had the privilege to watch and be entertained by and loved. Because unfortunately, a lot of these wonderfully talented people have left this world and we won’t see the likes of them again. It’s a blessing that we have the technology to see them in action on DVDs, Internet Video, and TV stations dedicated to reruns of the unforgettable programs my parents grew up enjoying, and I was able to enjoy in my childhood.

He also only added a few stories and anecdotes about his kids & his wives which I really wanted to know about, but he left them out of the book in deference to their private lives which is commendable.
He’s a memorable character creator, and can throw a line without cracking a smile (although those of us who have ever watched him play off of Harvey Korman know that everyone around him breaks down first), and doesn’t mind playing “second fiddle”.

Even if you aren’t a reader of biographies and auto-biographies, I highly recommend this book to anyone who has ever seen Tim Conway on lovable shows and movies like, “McHales Navy”, “The Carol Burnett Show”, and “The Apple Dumpling Gang” movies.  And for those who haven’t been as fortunate yet – look them up, watch & laugh!
Only then will you know the brilliance that is Tim Conway and want to read about how he got to be the hilarious “straight” man we know & love him to be!



What's So Funny?: My Hilarious Life
Tim Conway, Jane Scovell (With), Carol Burnett (Forward)



Howard Books
Publication Date: October 29, 2013


Disclaimer: This book was provided to reviewer from the publisher, Howard Books through NetGalley for the sole purpose of reading and review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on Living Life by the Seat of Your Pants!

Appreciate it!