Friday, December 6, 2013

Review of "Nora Roberts Land"


Surprisingly, I've never read a book by Nora Roberts. I HAVE read almost all of the "In Death" series by her alter-ego J.D. Robb.


The fact that Ava Miles mentioned the main characters Eve Dallas and Roarke several times in this book says how much of a true fan she is.

I started reading "Nora Roberts Land" in bed before I went to sleep. I read one chapter and knew I had to put it down because it drew me in right away. I knew I would be having a reading marathon if I kept at it and wouldn't get to bed until the wee hours of the morning.

It turned out I was correct. I started in on the second chapter and read the rest of the 335 page book, and went to bed at 3 a.m.

Not only am I going to read the rest of The Dare Valley series from Ava Miles, which thankfully all published within the last few months, I'll be making a concerted effort to read Nora Roberts' extensive collection of stories that have been enchanting avid fans for over 30 years.

"Nora Roberts Land" starts out as most other romance novels, with a strong woman who is having a crisis and is seeking for resolution. She decides to temporarily move back to her hometown of Dare Valley, Colorado and then the real fun begins!

Then, the book veers off a bit to include the mystery/thriller genre associated with J.D. Robb's books. It's a beautiful combination of all the wonderment and expected turbulence of a romance novel with an added twist to shake things up.

Nora Roberts should feel honored to be a "mentor" of sorts to Ava Miles. I think she did her proud! Anyone who is a fan of a captivating cast of characters, a great storyline that has the ups and downs we all face in life, strong family bonds, and an endearing love story rounds it out.

I look forward to a long and fulfilling "relationship" with Ava Miles, and I am eager to expand my current fandom with Nora Roberts.



Nora Roberts Land
Ava Miles


Published June 24, 2013
Aspendawn Books


Disclaimer: This book was provided to reviewer from the publisher, Aspendawn Books through NetGalley for the sole purpose of reading and review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on Living Life by the Seat of Your Pants!

Appreciate it!