Friday, June 13, 2014

Chocolate Cake for Breakfast

It really is a good thing to be a single grown up…most of the time. You can make your own choices, be the head of the household, make your own way, decorate how you choose, and eat what you want – when you want it.

I remember Bill Cosby had as part of his act in the late 70s/early 80s, a skit where he fed the kids Chocolate Cake for Breakfast. The kids were going on singing, “Dad is great - Gives us the Chocolate Cake!” His wife, on the other hand, was not so happy with this parenting decision.

Cake contains many things found in breakfast foods – eggs, wheat, some sugar (found in lots of cereals) and milk. So why the hell not eat it once in awhile for breakfast! For that matter, eat Ice Cream for breakfast! That may actually contain some fruit!

I now think I found a decent compromise for one of my main, regular cereal choices – Honey Bunches of Oats. It has grain cereal, a hint of honey, granola and nuts. Of course there are times when I just crave a bowl of Sugar Pops, Apple Jacks, Crunch Berries or Cocoa Puffs.

But when I give into that crave and buy a box of any of them, then I eventually end up throwing half a box away…after it’s been opened for months. I will now look for the single serving multi-pack boxes, but of course they always throw in a box of something good for you, like Raisin Bran!

It’s not an everyday occurrence that I find myself with this option. But as I sit here eating some delectable chocolaty yummyness left over from a friend’s birthday with a cup of Cinnamon & Carmel Macchiato coffee, I think of how fortunate I am that I can choose this, and savor it and delight in it.


It’s good to be the Queen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on Living Life by the Seat of Your Pants!

Appreciate it!